Overlap Control valve sleeve kit 722.6
• 1-2, 4-5 Overlap Control Sleeve & O-Ring
• 2-3 Overlap Control Sleeve & O-Ring
• 3-4 Overlap Control Sleeve & O-Ring
Continuous plunger valve oscillation causes wear at the overlap control valve sleeves, allowing modulated oil pressure to exhaust or oppose the shift and create numerous shift complaints in Mercedes 722.6 units.
The highly wear-resistant Sonnax master overlap control sleeve kit 68942-05K restores necessary hydraulic control tolerances in the 1-2, 4-5 bore as well as the 2-3 and 3-4 bores.
• External O-ring provides additional positive sealing in the bore
• The OE spring and anodized valve can be reused
NOTE: End-face notches on Sonnax valves allow for easy sleeve identification:
One Notch = 1-2, 4-5 Sleeve
Two Notches = 2-3 Sleeve
Three Notches = 3-4 Sleeve
• Bump shifts
• Flare shifts
• Harsh shifts
Wear at the 1-2/4-5, 2-3 and/or 3-4 overlap control valve sleeves allows modulating oil pressure to exhaust.
These modulating sleeves position the valve for proper clutch feed. Sleeve kits correct the wear condition and restore control of clutch pressure apply or exhaust.